Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Quick Update

The Alamo GT has passed once again. Although results are not up on the website yet, and although I have yet to upload all of the pictures I took from this weekend, I did not want to wait a week before I got my individual results post up.

I did not win any awards this year, but improved my overall score significantly and ended up in the top twenty. I think that had a few things gone differently I would have been in the top ten (I missed a lot of objective points), but there is nothing to be done about that now.

I took a lot of notes and lots of pictures and will be doing full write-ups of games 1, 4 and 5. I am going to do short write-ups of games 2 and 3 for a few reasons: (1) I didn't take as many notes and pictures as I did for the other games; (2) these games involved lots of drinking; (3) none of these games made it passed turn 4 (a big issue that I will explain in another post); and (4) they were just not as interesting to me tactically, or as pleasurable of games, that I want to spend significant time on write-ups.

I plan to have a full tournament breakdown done as soon as the results are online, including showing where I progressed from last year. I also plan to have a full write-up for Round 1 finished and posted by the end of next week with the other two write-ups the following weeks.

It is also the time for WaaaghPaca practice so I will be updating my army list design progress as well as my painting and modelling progress for the tournament over the next several weeks. Expect several updates per week until that time.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo, not a good time this year? I went looking for your wood elves, but obviously didn't spot them this time around. I brought my crazy all goblins list this year rather than all shooting Ogres.

    Ryan is being slow with those results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I had a pretty good tournament experience overall (I was there from Thursday to Monday), and had a really good Sunday. I played Dark Elves this year as this was the last hurrah of the old book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...