Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hobby Overdrive

I’m Back!!! And more importantly, refreshed and ready to play some Warhammer. And maybe a few other games along the way. Some of you may have noticed that there hasn’t been much activity on the blog in the last several months. In fact, I don’t think I managed to post to this blog since September when I was wrapping up tournaments from the Spring.

Well, if you must know, and I know you want to (you nosey little buggers), I got married this past October. And then I took two whole weeks off for a Honeymoon. But it was all the time before the wedding getting ready the “big day” that really cut into hobby time. Plus, to be truthful, I wasn’t really feeling the game for a bit. Then BANG! Nagash and the End Times come out of nowhere ramping up my hobby juices up in a big way. [Editor’s note - when I reread this sentence the concept of “hobby juices” seemed disgusting, I pictured something that would emanate from our less showered brethren after a particularly good dice roll.]

The End Times series of books and rules changes has kicked my hobby into overdrive and is making me want to paint and hobby every night, even though I sometimes have work and housework to catch up on. After a several month hiatus from even looking at my models, I am ready to climb back into the tournament scene and kick some ass. And (spoiler alert) kick some ass I did at this past weekend’s West Coast Qualifier for the U.S. Masters. Plus, I have to paint a significant portion of my new Wood Elf army for Waaaghpaca 2015. More posts on all these events will be forthcoming, but I just wanted to update the blog real quick and let you all know that I wasn’t dead, had not yet quit the hobby, and still care about the game we all love. Expect a flurry of posts for the next several months as I kick my focus back onto Warhammer in a big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...