Friday, July 12, 2013

Quake City Rumble 2013: My Army List

For this year's Quake City Rumble I am taking Dark Elves! That's right, I said Dark Elves. My list for the tournament is a combination between my desire to out-shoot my opponent and Ben Curry's killing list which I think is a good list against the two armies I expect to see the most: Warriors of Chaos and the new High Elves. My list includes:

Characters:
Dreadlord (287 points)
  • General, Dark Pegasus, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, Pendant of Khaeleth, Potion of Foolhardiness, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak.
Supreme Sorceress (330 points)
  • Level 4, Dark Magic, Lifetaker, Sacrificial Dagger, Opal Amulet
Hag Queen (225 points)
  • Battle Standard Bearer, Cauldron of Blood
Sorceress (160 points)
  • Level 2, Lore of Metal, Dispel Scroll
The purpose behind my characters are pretty straightforward. The Dreadlord kills monsters and Daemon Princes with his four Strength 6 attacks and takes little damage in return. He can also take down knights and Skullcrushers in the flank. The Supreme Sorceress with Dark Magic kills High Elves, period! Dark Magic is amazing: Chill Wind stops the archer hordes; Word of Pain makes them Weapon Skill 1; and Black Horror kills swathes of Core troops (and is not flaming). The Cauldron of Blood is just plain awesome. Finally, the Level 2 of Metal helps kill warriors and knights. 

Core:
Repeater Crossbowmen (213 points) (18 models, Musician, Standard Bearer, Shields)
Repeater Crossbowmen (202 points) (17 models, Musician, Standard Bearer, Shields)
Dark Riders (131 points) (5 models, Repeater Crossbows, Musician, Standard Bearer)
Dark Riders (131 points) (5 models, Repeater Crossbows, Musician, Standard Bearer)
Harpies (66 points) (6 models)

All of my core, except for the Harpies, shoots! That is how core should work. It should kill things from a distance and put up a few wounds on large creatures before other things can deal with them. The Harpies are there to go after war machines and act as a chaff screen. 

Special:
Black Guard (294 points) (18 models, full command, Banner of Murder)
Witch Elves (55 points) (5 models, Musician)
Witch Elves (55 points) (5 models, Musician)

The Witch Elves act as additional - possibly Stubborn - chaff units that can put out a ton of attacks and can easily whittle through large units of Skavenslaves and other cheap troops. I will use these as re-directors in most of my games and keep them within 12" of the Cauldron so that they will be Stubborn.

Rare:
War Hydra (175 points)
War Hydra (175 points)

I have two Hydras. These models are self explanatory. There is my army. I have a few tricks up my sleeve. Now I just have to see how it will work this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...