Thursday, February 20, 2014

WaaaghPaca 2014: Armies in Review (Part #1)

I'm taking a little break this week as I am swamped with work and life. As such, there will not be a battle report this week. However, I don't want to leave everyone empty-handed. Rest assured, battle reports are being finished and will be forthcoming, as will some new articles on my thoughts on the new dwarfs, and even a new feature delving into the tactics of specific units. But, that will take some time, so here are some of my favorite armies from WaaaghPaca 2014:

This first army is Domus' Wood Elves
Even includes wooden charge markers, and fancy wooden name plate.
This army has been included on other sites before, and I am sure that everyone is familiar with Domus' modelling and painting skills. This year, he included a special miniature as his man of intrigue.
Minion of Intrigue! Of course, he is stuck in a pumpkin, where else would he be?
And here are the rest of the pictures I took of Domus' army.
Archers sitting in a tree (or standing in a tree, I guess)
Did someone same Wild Riders? And it looks like they brought their own great stag to the party, too.
More archers showing just how much more nimble they are then your models.
Pumpkinhead!
Great Owl
Finally, the Mage with the Butterfly Wings (its like a literary allusion, folks)

Also at the tournament, I managed to find another Wood Elf army. This time painted by Jerrod Hortsman. It is a much more traditional wood elf army (dark greens and browns), but I was drawn to the large tree-spirit models.
Jerrod's "Traditional" Wood Elves
Jerrod's "Non-traditional (and gigantic)" Treeman
Creepy, Disney-like Treekin models based on the GW tree kits.

Also around the room, were some wonderful looking armies on display boards. Here are a few random pictures of armies on display.
A nicely themed (and painted) Empire army.
Dennis Gunia's Slaaneshi Warriors army, complete with tentacles (lots and lots of tentacles)
Mike "The People's Champion" Gerold's Warriors army. 
Johnny "I paint better than you" Hastings' Ogre-taur army. The banners here are amazing.

I have a lot more pictures that will be continued in Part 2 of the Armies in Review. Check back later to see some other, really nicely painted armies.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed this post when it happened - probably playing WoW. thanks bro! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Domus, I always look forward to seeing what you put on the table. I plan on snapping lots of pictures of WaaaghPaca again this year.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...