Thursday, September 15, 2016

Update: Pre-West Coast GT

By now, the West Coast GT is over. But at the time I right this, I am finishing up the army as best I can before I head out. With that, here is the most recent update on the Ratkin army for Kings of War.

First up is the finished wall for the second unit of Clawshots to hide behind. This one is less of a mad scramble of shields and rocks, and more of an old dilapidated wall with fence that the rats are using to protect themselves from return fire. I like the piece, though I may do some touch ups in the future on the red bricks to make them a little bit more dark red with orange highlights so they stand out a bit more.
Base front
Base rear

The other base that I managed to finish completely is the first Blight horde base. With this unit, the Blight are moving through a destroyed ruins and the unit will be the one carrying the Potion of the Caterpillar (which allows the unit to move through difficult terrain). I didn't like the idea of just stone pillars and thought that the people that lived here before the rats took over would have used some pastel paint on the pillars to highlight certain features.
Full base
Closeup left side
Closeup right side and censer fumes (a feature added by the rats, of course)
Then, to put on the base, I finished the first test Blight model. Here he is prior to being put on the base, and after. I went with a ruined clothing look and with rusted blades because the Blight don't care about how nice their things are, so long as they can cause havoc.
Blight close up prior to rusting on swords
Back of clothing and tail
Finished Blight on base (with rust effects)
Similar focuse

Finally, I was working on several other bases that I was able to get started, but not entirely finished before the tournament. But you should be able to tell what they are going to look like once they are all finished up.
Weapon team bases with various stones and debris
The start of the tower base for the Shock Troop horde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...