Thursday, January 3, 2013

This Past Weekend January 1, 2013

This past weekend (my second and last 4-day weekend!) and I got to do a little bit more painting and am making some decent progress on my Wood Elf army. I don't think that I will have everything painted to the level I want by WaaaghPaca! but I am working diligently to at least reduce the number of painted models that I will need to borrow. Also, I submitted by army list for WaaaghPaca! and will be posting it shortly so you can see what kind of ridiculous army I came up with for 2000 pts. (Hint, there are no fast cavalry models this time).

As for the painting projects I managed to complete 4 more Dryads!!! Putting my first unit at 7 finished models. I know that I will be able to at least finish 1 more model and get this unit completely done. Here are the four Dryads that I managed to finish:

Dryad #4

Dryad #5

Dryad #6

Dryad #7

As for other projects, I did not work on my Xmas miniature exchange miniature this weekend as I really wanted to finish my Dryads, but as the date for shipping comes closer I will be focusing more on getting that model done. I did, however, get a lot of additional hobbying stuff done while I was waiting for washes to dry.

First, I finished and marked the second movement tray for my second unit of Glade Riders. Each Glade Rider's base is also marked so that I know where it goes on the tray.










I also cut out foam spots for the Glade Rider units so that they will be easier for airplane travel as I have lots of tournaments coming up that require flights. These are also numbered so that I know which Glade Rider goes in each spot as each model is different.












Another foam tray!















And finally I managed to almost finish 4 more Glade Riders from the second Glade Rider unit. These models only need a few more additional highlights and will be ready for the table!







I hope everyone else's Holidays were good and that lots of hobbying and gaming was accomplished. This weekend I hope to finish the last Dryad for the first unit, work on the Pegasus Rider for the miniature exchange, and finish the second Glade Rider unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...