Friday, January 3, 2014

Warhammer Resolutions 2014

It's a new year, 2014 to be exact, and that means resolutions. As this is a Warhammer blog, and one of my favorite hobbies is Warhammer Fantasy, almost all of my resolutions (or goals, as I like to think of them) are Warhammer related. This is what I hope to accomplish this year:

  • Paint 10 Doomfire Warlocks
  • Paint 1 Kharybdis
  • Paint 1 Bloodwrack Medusa
  • Paint 1 High Beastmaster on Manticore
  • Paint 20 Wood Elf Glade Riders
  • Paint 28 Wood Elf Glade Guard
  • Paint 20 Dryads
  • Top 20 at least 2 tournaments of 60+ people
  • Top 10 at least 1 tournament this year
  • Qualify for the U.S. Masters from the West Coast (I wasn't able to attend the Qualifier tournament this last year)
  • Paint 2 separate pieces of terrain for the hobby room
  • Get and put together a gaming board
  • Lose 20 lbs (I know this isn't Warhammer related, but I'm getting fat and need to get this weight down so I don't accidentally tip a table over)
  • Write at least 1 blog post a week
  • Update battle reports more frequently (at least 1 a week after a tournament)
  • Write 3 tactical articles
Now most of these goals should be pretty easy throughout the year, though I am trying to paint that Dark Elves before WaaaghPaca. And the Wood Elf goals could easily change if the book comes out and those units won't be playable any more (though I highly doubt it). As for the tournament ones, the big one is the Masters. I won't be going to as many tournaments this year as I am getting married in October and will probably end up missing the Qualifier again this year. This means that I really need to focus on the 5 tournaments in the circuit: West Coast, Bay Area Open, Quake City Rumble, Broadside Bash, and Saws. 

The writing goals may seem like they should be easy, but I find that I can easily get distracted with work and painting and life events when I am trying to get the site updated (especially when it comes to battle reports). This year, I want to put out a couple of good, quality tactical articles and more in-depth battle reports with both pictures and UB (or other software) showing moves, etc. I also plan on finally getting to player interviews and army specials. WaaaghPaca should bring enough material to carry this blog through the spring if I do it right. 

Here's to a new year of fun and games!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...