Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Test Models

I have been working on my Wood Elf army lately as I want to play it at the Alamo GT and throughout the 2013 tournament circuit and actually get some paint points to increase my rankings. Here are the test models for various units.

Dryads:
I am going with an autumn theme so the ground and leaves are beginning to change over. Also, I have picked out certain parts of the bark to match with the fall covers. The bases will include various items like rocks, smaller trees, bits of Beastmen, and of course sprites in various colors to add a little extra to the army.















Standard Glade Guard:
 As with the Dryads, the Glade Guard are painted in fall colors with various base enhancements like the sprite.

All of the Glade Guard will have strings attached to their bows to give the army a chance to gain some of those much needed conversion points which are harder to get with just small units of bowmen.











Finally, as I am going to be taking several units of Glade Guard in my final army composition, each unit will have a different highlight color. In this unit's case it is the enchanted blue. But, other plans are a unit with light green, purple, bright orange, etc. So that each unit distinguishes itself on the table top.
I plan on only having units of ten on the board, but an painting units of 12 including one of each command model (musician, standard bearer, champion) so I can play with them if a particular tournament scenario needs banners or champions.

Glade Riders:
As I have been doing fairly well with a fast cavalry build at certain tournaments I am painting 50 Glade Riders. This is my test model with the fall colors. Each horse will be painted like actual horses so that they will all be a little different but look good in a unit.









Now, I just have to find some time to really sit down and bust these guys out. So what are your takes on the test models?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...