Friday, October 12, 2012

Weak Stuff

So this week I have been sick. And as we all know, being sick blows. This is why I have been failing to update. Now you know, but don't worry. I will be back in full action next week.

Tomorrow there is a 1750 point tournament at my local stomping grounds Heroes Games and Hobbies. The tournament is fairly standard with a few changes to the 8th edition rules to allow newer players to be involved. The biggest change is that characters get look out sir rolls for any spell that kills a model outright like Dweller's, purple sun, etc. The other change is pretty standard for tournaments in that the degree by which you beat your opponent determines your battle points. As such, I will not be taking my fast cavalry army this tournament as it is nearly impossible to beat your opponent by more than 500 points to eke out the massive victory. Instead, I will be playing MSU style. Here is my list for tomorrow:

Spellweaver (325) (General)
  • Level 4, Lore of Beasts, Dispell Scroll, Ruby Ring of Ruin, A Resplendence of Luminescents
Noble (130)
  • Battle Standard Bearer, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow
Glade Guard (226) (16 models)
  • Banner of Eternal Flame, Full Command
Glade Guard (126) x 2 (10 models with musician)
Glade Riders (129) x 2 (5 models with musician)
Dryads (98) x 3 (8 models)
Eagle (50) x 2
Waywatchers (168) (7 models)

My thoughts with this army are pretty straight forward; shoot things as they get close and then either combo charge with the dryads or redirect away from the archers to continue to shoot at close range. The object is to pick on a unit at a time until it is no longer a threat. I will deal with chaff with either magic or the glade riders. The waywatchers are there to kill knights and lone characters out of units (which happens a lot when they are in small unit sizes). The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Next week I will have full battle reports and game breakdowns.

My plan for battle reports is to kind of mimic GW's new format by focusing on my plan before the battle and how my units performed in carrying out that plan. Although sometimes a dice roll or two will be game changing, I hope to portray a more tactical based approach to my reports along with my thinking. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...