Friday, October 11, 2013

Dark Elf Army List (Update #2)

Here is the most recent army list that I am beginning to tinker with:

Lords: (601/625 points)
Dreadlord (291 points)

  • Lance, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Charmed Shield, Cloak of Twilight, Dawnstone, Dark Pegasus
Supreme Sorceress (310 points)
  • Level 4, Lore of Death, Dark Steed, Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll

Heroes: (560/625 points)
Death Hag (290 points)
  • Cry of War, Cauldron of Blood
Master (157 points)
  • Battle Standard Bearer, Ring of Hotek, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield
Master (113 points)
  • Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance, Dragon Bane Gem, Potion of Foolhardiness, Repeater Crossbow
Core: (745/625 points)
Witch Elves (375 points) (30 models with full command, Banner of Swiftness (+1 movement))
Dark Riders (110 points) (5 models with musician, shields and repeater crossbows)
Dark Riders (110 points) (5 models with musician, shields and repeater crossbows)
Darkshards (150 points) (10 models with musician, standard with Banner of Eternal Flame)

Special: (1244/1250 points)
Executioners (336 points) (28 models with full command)
Shades (108 points) (6 models with great weapons)
Cold One Chariot (115 points)
Cold One Chariot (115 points)
Reaper Bolt Thrower (70 points)
Reaper Bolt Thrower (70 points)
Reaper Bolt Thrower (70 points)
War Hydra (180 points) (Fiery Breath)
War Hydra (180 points) (Fiery Breath)

Rare: (375/625 points)
Bloodwrack Medusa (90 points)
Doomfire Warlocks (125 points)
Kharibdyss (160 points)

Right now with my beginning first list of models that I like, I am well over points (but at least with appropriate ranges). Putting everything I want puts me at over 3500 points so I still need to cull about 1000 points from the list. I don't want to drop the two combat blocks, and because I am taking witches I want to take the Cauldron. I really like the Doomfire Warlocks (and they let me get away with not having a Level 2 mage). I am looking at dropping the core to exactly 625 points and the two chariots which frees up some points. The medusa is good against some armies, broken against others, and useless against others. But it is only 90 points, so who knows? I could easily make up the points by dropping the Dreadlord, but then the Leadership monsters also have to go as none of them are Immune to Psychology and I really like them.

I could switch to a heavy shooting build that drops the witches, but then the executioners will get all the focus. I just need to sit down and test lists to see what works and what doesn't.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you've got two approaches to this current list idea (shooty/flighty vs. fast and fighty). You've either got to pick one, or trim both roughly in half.
    I don't see the value in the second Master, unless he takes the Dreadlord's place with the Cloak.
    For the magic, I would think if you went more shooty/flighty you would stick with Death and if you went with the monster/fighty list you might go with Dark Magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is a big problem I am facing is deciding in which general direction I want to go. I do love the shooty/flighty builds, but I may try for a more combat oriented list in the future to shake of some of the generalship rust that builds when you don't try new things. We will see what happens.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...