Friday, October 25, 2013

West Coast Warhammer: State of the Union 2013

Well, it has been a little over a year since I started this blog. In that time, I have managed to write a little over 100 posts (about 2 a week), have gained over a dozen active followers (awesome, and thank you), and had over 20,000+ hits of traffic (sweet). Looking back, I can see large gaps where I wasn't writing anything for a while and can really see the lag between large tournaments and the battle reports. That is something that I plan on fixing in the coming year.

I started this blog last year before the Alamo GT to give me a place to put some thoughts down and to write some decent (hopefully) battle reports. I started to move away from the "whys" of the reports - why I was focusing on something, why I was moving or cast a specific spell, etc. -  and more towards just what happened in the game. Although these are fun to read, I am going to go back to focusing more on why I made certain play decisions in my games (along with far more pictures) as I document my Alamo games so that I both get better as a player by recognizing what I am doing and so that you can comment on whether or not my actions seemed worth it.

I also want to start focusing more on other aspects of the hobby, including interviewing other top players after their games and taking pictures of people's armies. I may even get around to uploading some video of certain events. I still want to focus on the tournament play of the hobby, but I just haven't been getting in the practice games I need to stay as competitive as the new books drop. This is also something I hope to remedy in the coming year.

As we approach and pass the Alamo GT, I hope to institute these changes to increase both readership and content. I will slowly be working on making the site look better, getting involved with some of the gaming blog networks (as I have sufficient content and time on the web) and building a better on-line presence with Warhammer players throughout the United States and the world, and not just my own little corner of the hobby-sphere.

Let's get it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...